Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

As a guitarist I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time rehearsing,
practicing and tutoring in small spaces. During these times my mind often wanders..
this blog is about those times.

Sunday 29 May 2011

City/Country

I'm a lover of the city, although as Howlin Wolf famously sang, "I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed". This places some strain on my lifestyle, I love to stay out all night playing and listening to music and hanging with friends, but when the sun comes up, all I want to do is go surfing. Inevitably one of these has to suffer, either I stay out all night, sleep the next day and miss the ocean at it's best, or I get to bed early, miss the nightlife but experience the joys of the sea.


This got me thinking what the ideal scenario would be, I came up with a few options I would like to pursue this year:

option a) Move to the inner city, pretend the ocean is not locatable.

          b) Move to the country, surf non stop. Tell me myself the city holds no appeal

          c) Make some more money, have a city house & a beach house

          d) Forget it all

I'm thinking of combining all 4 in some sort of goulash of lifestyles and locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment