Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

As a guitarist I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time rehearsing,
practicing and tutoring in small spaces. During these times my mind often wanders..
this blog is about those times.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Take 'em off

So many stories from one little cupboard:

There I was, a resident in one of the many small spaces I've worked in. This particular one happened to be frequented by a small child of about 10 years old. One week as I was teaching him, I noticed a reddening of the face and a narrowing of the eyes.

I thought, "maybe he's a bit shy or a bit hot" so I offered some comforting words and continued with the lesson. As I continued with the lesson the redness turned into a full red balloon, looking a bit like Augustus Gloop did when he got sucked up the big pump in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. This was followed by a shaking leg, neck, and popped out eyes. By this stage I thought the worst, epilepsy or some sort of bad reaction to the G major scale. Before I could grasp what was going on he muttered the strangled words, "can't...hold....on....any....more!" and then it was all over, wet carpet, wet guitars, wet kid, wet, wet, wet.

I grabbed him by the shoulders and carried him dripping to the foyer where his dad was waiting. Being a thrifty sort of fellow his dad simply took off his sons pants, then took off his own pants, and put them on his son. He was a tall man, so the fit left much to be desired. I was puzzled by this, but continued teaching as if nothing had happened. As the lesson concluded I returned the son to his dad, thinking that of course the dad would have gone to the car for some new trousers, especially as the foyer was in a shopping centre. I was wrong, the dad had simply waited in the foyer, in a shirt and his undies. I returned the child as if that was normal, and continued on with my day......

No comments:

Post a Comment