Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

Cupboard - noun - Any small closet or cabinet

As a guitarist I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time rehearsing,
practicing and tutoring in small spaces. During these times my mind often wanders..
this blog is about those times.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Youth/Cougars

It was sometime ago now but I still remember it clearly. I had been spending a bit of time going back and forth between NYC and Sydney, on this particular trip I happened upon Lenny Kravitz playing a week long residency at the hallowed Fillmore East.

Seeing as I was in NYC courtesy of the Tax Office (I'm a muso, it was research), I thought it my duty to go to the gig. So off I went to the Fillmore East down in Irving Plaza, and made my way up to the mezzanine level to wait for Lenny to do his thing. I was milling around by myself taking some shots when I noticed that the majority of the audience were women who probably had hit their prime in the 90's.

 Upon reflection I realised that Lenny also hit his prime in the 90's so this probably makes sense. This proliferation of women of a certain age didn't bother me, but rather intrigued me, so I found myself catching little pieces of their conversations. It was at some stage during these observations that I heard the tail end of a conversation, it went like this, "Yes, there is a lot to be said for young sperm".......  I think it stands as  an enduring statement about New York "women of a certain age".

No comments:

Post a Comment